Have you ever considered earning income from your blog - without the stress of endlessly writing or promoting it? It seems like a dream, but it is not.
Publishing content regularly is a daunting task. With all the hard work of researching, editing, and writing at the end of the day your earnings are at the mercy of the amount of time you put in. To make things worse, it also varies on the nature of your topic, keywords, and advertising trends. Hence, instead of putting all of your eggs in one basket, you must look for other ways to generate income.
Here comes the very (in)famous idea of earning passive income while sleeping by blogging. Let’s discuss five ways to make a passive income that require no writing on your part.
There are several passive ways to earn money from blogging. Some include monetizing your blog with advertising and affiliate programs and selling products and services derived from the content on your site.
Each of these methods has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, so it’s essential to consider all of your options before settling on a particular approach. Don’t forget that using multiple approaches might work for you!
1. Affiliate Marketing - No Marketing Degree Is Required To Get Started
Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn passive income from blogging. Depending on your blog's niche, you can generate affiliate commissions through sponsorships, advertisements, and charging for products and services. Once you have established a following and developed relationships with your readers, monetisation possibilities abound.
To get started with affiliate marketing through blogging, it's important to set up an effective blog strategy.
- First, identify your target market. This will help you determine which products to promote and which topics to write about.
- Create quality content that will interest your target market and help your readers learn about the products you're promoting.
To help you on your journey, we’ve built our very own training course on how to integrate Amazon Affiliates into your blog that you can check out here.
2. Published E-books - Write Your Opinion To Make a Living Forever
If you love creative writing (rather than writing blog posts), publishing ebooks on your blog can become a source of extra income for you. You can start a blog about ebooks and write articles about how to sell, as well as provide tips for buying and reading ebooks.
This will help you to set up yourself as a credible person. Adding links to your ebook in these articles will help you to divert potential buyers to your product. But before doing so, the following are important tips that you must follow to be successful in this business.
- Make sure your book is perfectly written. This is one of the most important aspects of selling ebooks online. If your writing isn't up to the mark, prospective buyers will quickly lose interest.
- The cover design of the ebook is also critical. Make sure your cover stands out and grabs attention. Pay attention to both the title and the subtitle so that you can create an effective sales pitch.
- Offer free excerpts or previews of your book so that people can get a taste for what they're buying before actually committing to purchase it. This will also help you gauge how well your writing is striking a chord with potential customers.
- Be prepared to offer steep discounts on your eBook when it first goes on sale in order to entice people into buying it.
3. Sell Personal Resources- Best Way To Advance Your Business Sales
If you have valuable personal resources that you can offer to others, blogging can be an excellent way to generate passive income. By writing quality content about your product and building an engaged following, you can generate recurring revenue.
Here are some tips for selling personal resources through blogging:
- Identify your niche. Before starting a blog, you first need to identify your target market. Once you know who you’re speaking to, start thinking about what topics would be of interest to them. Then, research the latest trends and explore how your unique skills could benefit others in your market.
- Plan your posts wisely. When writing blog posts to sell your product, consider the purpose of each piece before diving in. Your aim should be to provide valuable insights that can help people improve their lives.
- Be consistent with your brand messaging. When it comes time to promote your product online, make sure all the components of your branding are in line – from the look and feel of your site to the tone of your voice (and everything in between).
4. Digital Products - One-Time Investment To Earn Lifetime
Bloggers can sell digital products by blogging to generate passive income. This type of product can be anything digital like tools or software that can be downloaded or streamed.
Such products just need a one-time investment and enable you to earn profit for the rest of your life. You can sell your developed software or buy them from other websites.
When selling digital products, tools, and software on your blog, make sure to include the following elements:
- Digital products are visual objects, so make sure you present them well. If a potential customer can't see how amazing your product is right away, they're likely not going to buy it. Use high-quality graphics and templates to create well-designed visuals that will draw in your viewers.
- If you have a digital product tool or software that's different from the others on the market, be sure to feature it prominently on your blog. Compare your product's features and pricing against those of other popular counterparts, and let potential buyers know why your specific product is better value for money.
- Add clear information about how to download and use the product. Your blog visitors want easy access to information about using your digital products tool or software. Include clear instructions on downloading and installing the software, as well as any necessary user guides. Showcase screenshots of users successfully using the product so that potential buyers can see how it works in practice before buying.
5. Online Courses - Share Your Knowledge To Make Money for Life
Selling online courses through blogging is a great way to share your knowledge and expertise with others, and it can be very lucrative and profitable. It doesn't matter what type of educational background you have, you will find students to offer paid courses to generate extra income.
If you're interested in selling online teaching courses on your blog there are a few things you'll need to consider.
- Decide what type, of course, you want to offer. Are you a teacher looking to add an extra income stream? You can record videos related to your area of expertise and upload them on your website.
- Once you've decided on the type of course, think about what other sites are selling similar courses. If you're offering a course on photoshop or baking, for example, look at other blogs that sell similar courses and see what features they offer that make their courses stand out.
- Next, create a template for your course page to create a professional design. Finally, create a listing for your course and attach an appropriate payment accepting method.
Conclusion - Final Thoughts
Blogging is a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world, but it's not always easy to make a living from it. There are however plenty of passive ways to earn money from your blog, and this guide showed you the top five methods to get started.
Whether you're a teacher who wants to sell your knowledge, a business owner, or a creative writer, this guide has covered everything you need to run a successful side business without any hassle.